Admission Policy and Procedures
The Preschool at Jesus & Mary welcomes applications for new boys and girls, children who have siblings already attending the school, and children of Staff and Alumni, regardless of their ethnicity and religious background on condition that parents express a willingness to abide by the school policies and procedures.
The school does not offer services for children with special educational needs.
Jesus & Mary School admits children who will be three years old by January 31, along with the following developmental milestones: taking care of personal needs, expressing needs clearly, being independent and capable of social interaction.
Application and Interview
Application Forms can be filled out at the Secretariat of the Preschool Division. Parents of children who have siblings, Staff, and Alumni must submit their applications in person during the month of October, on Mondays and Thursdays between 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.
Parents of new students must submit their applications in person during the month of November, on Mondays and Thursdays between 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.
Documents needed include:
- A completed Application Form
- An original copy of the child’s Civil Status (Ikhraj Qayd)
- A passport photo.
Upon receipt of the Application Form, an interview appointment will be scheduled.
The Division Principal and a professional from the Guidance and Counseling Department will interview the parents and their child. The interview will acquaint the parents with the school mission, vision, and policies. It will establish or confirm:
- Parents’ commitment to the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Parents’ acceptance of the school policies and willingness to participate in the school activities.
- Parents’ acceptance of financial obligations (tuition and other fees).
- Parents’ commitment to work with the school to resolve problems, should any arise.
It is worth noting that:
- Children who have siblings at Jesus & Mary, and children of Staff and Alumni are not automatically admitted.
- Filling out an Application Form does not guarantee a place in the Preschool.
- Admissions will not be based on first-come-first-serve basis.
Selection and Results
Once the Administration completes reviewing the applications, a list of admitted children will be posted on the school web page in February.
Parents of admitted students will be given a specific appointment for registration. They will submit a medical report on their daughter/son to the Preschool Secretariat, then they will be directed to the Finance Department.
Each student admitted to the KGI class will be charged a non-refundable Development Fund fee, Admission fee, in addition to a payment on account of the First Term tuition.
ELEMENTARY I /ELEMENTARY II/ INTERMEDIATE/SECONDARY
- Parents fill out an Application Form (applying for Grade 4 takes place in the Elementary I Division, applying for Grade 7 takes place in the Elementary II, and applying for 1S takes place in the Intermediate).
- The Division Principal interviews the applicant and her/his parents.
- Parents are referred to the Finance Department to pay the entrance exam fees.
- The Finance Department signs and dates the Application Form and returns it to the Principal.
- The new student will sit for the entrance exam in July and/or September.
- The Rector and the Principal discuss the results of the entrance exam.
- The Principal informs the parents of the final decision. If the student/s is accepted, parents will be given a list of required documents.
- The Rector meets the new parents and their child, then refers them to the Finance Department for registration.
- For a student to be admitted to the Elementary I, Elementary II, Intermediate classes, he/she should sit for an entrance exam in the following subjects: Arabic, English, French, and Math.
- For a student to be admitted to the Secondary Division, he/she should sit for an entrance exam in the following subjects: Arabic, English, French, and Math (to 1S); Arabic, English, Math, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (to 2S); and Arabic, English, Math, Economics, and Sociology (to 2SE). It is worth noting that no new applicants are admitted to 3S classes at Jesus & Mary.