- Preschool students are required to attend school in full uniform. Refer to the enclosed Appendix A for details.
- All items of the school uniform must be clearly labeled.
- Jewelry is not allowed.
- Students are expected to:
ü Be in the assembly hall before 7:45 a.m. every day
ü Leave school at the 2:30 p.m. closing bell. For their safety, students are not to arrive to school before 7:15 a.m. and must be picked up no later than 3:15 p.m. as supervision cannot be ensured outside this time bracket.
- Late students must be accompanied by a parent or guardian to see the Principal who will then issue a permission slip to enter class.
C. Sickness and Absence:
- Parents are urged to report any illness, health complications, or communicable diseases to the Division Principal/Nurse promptly.
- A medical report from the treating physician is required for any absence of more than two school days.
- Students who have fever, a persistent cough, a runny nose, diarrhea, or are vomiting, must stay home.
- In the event that a child exhibits any of the above symptoms or has an accident during the day, the Division Principal/Nurse will contact the parents.
- Please refer to the COVID 19 Protocol posted on the school website.
D. Circulation in and out of the Division:
- Students are expected to:
ü Line up with friends when the bell rings in order to go to class with the teacher
ü Be silent during assembly, on the stairs and in the hallways
ü Obtain permission to visit the infirmary
ü Have the Principal’s permission to leave the school before the closing bell
- Parents are requested to inform the Principal of any changes in students’ pick-up arrangements.
In class, students are expected to:
ü Respect peers, teachers, and staff members
ü Remain calm and avoid disturbing others
ü Follow instructions and cooperate with the teachers and supervisors
ü Keep their belongings, and the classroom clean and well-organized
ü Respect school property
ü Ask permission to circulate in class or to leave class
ü Refrain from using electronic gadgets and toys.
Undesirable behaviour is dealt with in the following manner:
At the first incident:
The matter is discussed with the student to help him/her understand and adjust his/her behaviour with the respective teacher.
At the second incident:
The student is given a verbal warning by the teacher.
At the third incident:
The teacher will send the student to the Assistant Principal who will discuss the matter with him/her to help him/her understand and adjust his/her behaviour.
At the fourth incident:
The Principal discusses the matter with the student.
At the fifth incident:
The Principal will call the parents for a meeting in order to agree upon the appropriate solution. A written form of the meeting will be signed by the Principal and the parents. The case will be discussed with the Guidance and Counselling members.
Sanctions are meant to help students understand and be aware of the misbehavior and its consequences in a constructive way.
Sanctions are adapted to the nature of the misbehavior.
- In case of disrespecting and/or disturbing others → Fill a Think Sheet
- In case of uncleanliness→ clean the mess during a specific time
Preschool Division Uniform Code
(As of July 3, 2013)
The JM Preschool Division uniform consists of:
|School Pinafore (apron)|
Dark green/black/navy/grey pants or jeans of your choice
Shoes (any color)
Socks (preferably white)
Tights for girls (preferably white)
P.S.: Long hair is expected to be worn in a ponytail or pigtail either braided or loose.
Boys should maintain a short haircut throughout the school year.